Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shrimp

I have a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer. I bought them last year to give to my Dad on Father's Day, and he came several times to visit over the summer & fall and I kept forgetting to actually give him the bag of shrimp. Such are my good intentions, I bought them in time, just never followed thru. In case you can't guess, he LOVED shrimp. So since he died I keep seeing those shrimp in my freezer and thinking about how sad it was that I didn't get that bag to him when he could have enjoyed them. And I haven't been able to do more than move them around the freezer, they certainly have freezer burn (they aren't in my deep freeze). I debated giving them to my dogs to eat but I could do it. I kept thinking of my Dad and imagining him saying it was a horrible waste to feed good shrimp to the dogs, even if they probably aren't that good anymore. Not logical, but the shrimp remain, frozen indefinitely. Steve has offered to dispose of them and I said no. I don't know what I will do with the shrimp. I think I will know when the time is right, what to do with them, I mean besides the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment